Oracle Applications Framework
Oracle Application Framework (OAF) is a proprietary framework developed by Oracle Corporation for application development within the Oracle E-Business Suite. Using the OAF customers can look at personalization, customization and custom application development. The OA Framework is a Model-view-controller (MVC) framework built using J2EE (Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition) technologies.
Advantages of using OAF
- No major changes required after Application Upgrade to R12.
- Enterprise-Grade Performance and Scalability
- Improved End User Productivity
- Highly extensible architecture
- Browser Look and Feel (BLAF terminology) for all applications
- Open industry Standards such as XML, HTML, Java, JSP, SQL and Web Services
OAF based applications developed by BA
- Travel Request System
- Self Service HR Helpdesk
- Employee Expenses Management
- Sales Incentive Compensation
- Training Management
- Time & Attendance Capture